Configuring Outlook Express Email Client
Configuring Outlook Express for SMTP Auth Relay
You can set SMTP Auth relay right after your email account is
created (steps 1- 8) as it is described on this page. To set SMTP
Auth, do the following:
- Select Accounts from the Tools drop-down menu in the
- On the Internet Accounts window, select the newly created mail
account and click Properties to edit the email settings.
- On the Properties page that appears, choose the Servers
- Check the My server requires authentication box and click the Settings
button next to it.
- On the Outgoing Mail Server window that shows you can:
- use the same settings as incoming server;
- enter account name and input another password for outgoing email.
Note: make sure to check Remember password if you don't
want to enter password each time you send out email.
- Click OK.
- Back on the Properties page, click Apply and OK to save
settings and then close all dialog boxes.
Now that Outlook Express is configured, you can begin to send and receive emails.